Personal Income Tax

Bilingual Accounting & Payroll

Japanese Personal Income Tax filing for Foreigners living in Japan (Kakutei shinkoku 確定申告 )

Foreign Residents & Non-Resident Income Tax Returns 

Capital Tax is an experienced English tax accountant specializing in Japanese tax return filing service for foreign nationals. Working to assist non-residents and other foreigners living and working in Japan with their Japanese personal income tax preparation and filing. 

We help our clients by providing comprehensive guidance on Japanese tax laws, including at the national, prefecture, and local levels. We can even help those individuals whose knowledge of Japanese is limited meet their annual tax filing obligations.

Do you need to file a Tax Return?

In general, you don’t need to file a tax return in Japan if you are employed by a company. Your employer will make the necessary year end adjustments (known as nenmatsu-chosei  年末調整 ) and this is usually reflected in your last payslip of the year. However, you are required to file a tax return If:

  • You have employment income from multiple employers. (Multiple gensenchoshu 源泉徴収 slips)
  • You earned more than 20,000,000 JPY in the year.
  • You have other income exceeding 200,000 JPY.
  • You left Japan before December 31st.
  • You are self employedJapanese Income Tax Filing

There are other instances that might require you to file a Japanese Income Tax Return. Our tax professionals have a strong knowledge base in Japanese tax laws and how it interrelates with the tax law of other countries. English speaking accountant works to provide Japan Income tax preparation services that are fast and accurate in order to making your annual reporting obligations as painless as possible.

Other Tax Services

  • Japan Personal Income Tax Returns ( kakutei shinkoku )
  • Non-Resident Rental Income Tax Filing
  • Withholding Tax Agent
  • Furusato Nozei
  • Personal Income Tax Review & Analysis.
  • English Tax Accountant & CPA

For your convenience, Capital Tax provides two options for initiating personal income tax services. You can meet face-to-face with an English Japanese income tax accountant, or you can simply mail in the required information and we’ll return the completed tax return filing to you by email.

Call +81 (3) 6890 3036  or email us today for a free quote to file your personal income taxes in Japan.

US 1040 Expat Tax Filing

Our firm also provides tax filing services for U.S. Expat Tax Returns including Form 2555, 5471 and FBAR. We have enrolled agents and U.S. CPA to assist. 

Articles of Interest

Statement of Overseas Assets

Claiming Multiple Dependents

Japan NISA Investment Account

Japan’s New Exit Tax