Non-Resident Tax Advisory


Withholding Tax for Non-Residents If you have sources of income in Canada that continue after you have departed from the country, you will have to pay a withholding tax at 25%. No additional income tax would be paid and this would be the only liability you would have towards Canada. Under the Canada-US tax treaty, you can also get tax reductions on some specific kinds of income. So, if you are … [Read more...]

US Tax Filing Requirement

Income Tax For American in Canada

All US citizens, tax residents and green card holders are required to file tax returns and pay their taxes to the United States of America. If you belong to any of these categories, regardless of your place of residence and where you receive your income, then you are covered by this US IRS directive. You are a tax resident if you measure up to the test on substantial presence for every calendar … [Read more...]