Non-Resident Tax Advisory

Share Button

Withholding Tax for Non-Residents
If you have sources of income in Canada that continue after you have departed from the country, you will have to pay a withholding tax at 25%. No additional income tax would be paid and this would be the only liability you would have towards Canada. Under the Canada-US tax treaty, you can also get tax reductions on some specific kinds of income.

So, if you are planning to leave Canada, make sure to have your tax reports in order and get your clearance certificate from CRA to depart without any difficulties.

Contact us today for more information and get a free quote!

Eric La CaraEric La CaraManaging Partner and Tax Practice manager for Capital Tax in Vancouver and Tokyo. Eric is a U.S. and Japan Personal & Corporate tax specialist with more than 15 years of experience in the area of cross-border structuring and taxation. Eric is charged with developing Capital Tax overall operations and strategic direction using the business and technical skills he has acquired during his professional career in Asia.